Senior Java Developer
5+ years experience
Apply by sending CV to: Recruitment@eastnets.com
- Participate in the collection, review and analysis of user requirements.
- Participate in the development and documentation of system specifications.
- Participate in defining system architecture for an application.
- Provides a plan of the development activities as input to the project plans.
- Participates in the development, installation, and integration of computer-based systems
- Write, modify, integrate, test, and maintain software code according to the best practices defined within the group.
- Work with the quality assurance (QA) team in defining test cases and help in resolving technical issues.
- Identify and communicate technical problems, processes and solutions.
- Develop technical documentation for installation, operation and maintenance of EastNets products.
- Prepare reports on the status of the development activities.
- Assess, troubleshoot, document, upgrade and develop maintenance procedures for EastNets Products.
- Research and evaluate different technologies and solutions. Perform POCs and make technical recommendations.
- Test and evaluate new technologies; recommend and participate in developing enhancements, for existing systems.
- Provide 3rd and 4th level application support to resolve customer issues within the scope of east Net’s products.
- Mentor junior members of the development team.
- Create and develop tools for internal or external use that will add value to EastNets’ products.
- Minimum of 5 years industry experience
- Degree or diploma or relevant international technical qualification in Computer Science, Information Systems or relevant engineering field
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on experience in IT Software Development.
- Extensive experience in developing applications in Java.
- Extensive experience Java SE, Java EE (JSP, Servlets, JSTL).
- Extensive experience in MVC Frameworks (Struts/JSF/Spring MVC).
- Extensive experience in developing RDBMS based applications.
- Experience with XML technologies, including XQuery and XPath.
- Experience with RESTful and SOAP Web Services
- Experience with JPA, Hibernate or ORM concepts
- Experience with Spring Framework and its modules
- Extensive experience in SQL statements and stored procedures using Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL.
- Experience in Reporting engines such as Crystal Reports or Jasper Software technology.
- Knowledge in UML and software modeling.
- Good knowledge in OO analysis and design.
- Software integration skills
- Knowledge of networking protocols.
- Experience in commercial distribution of software applications.
- Experience in the SCRUM development methodology.
- Experience in software source control systems and tools.
- Knowledge of financial software, SWIFT, AML or compliance is a major plus
- Knowledge of Windows or Unix shell scripting is a major plus.
- Demonstrated ability to develop skills, work effectively with the team dynamics and achieve goals
- Client relationship skills, communication skills
- Experience working in multi-cultural environments
- Ability to work independently and in teams in challenging environments
- Proven track record of achieving set objectives within an agreed time frame.
- Effective written and oral communication skills in English.
- Knowledge of other languages is a plus.